In 2006, Americares India Foundation was registered as a public charitable trust in India. Within three short years, on 6th November, 2009, Americares India Foundation received the Indo-American Corporate Excellence Award for being the best NGO in India. The award was given on the 40th Anniversary celebration of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC).
Americares India Foundation accomplishes its mission to help more people live longer healthier lives through a series of six core programmatic initiatives, all targeting community health for the underprivileged.
- Deliver medical commodity assistance Read more
- More than 13 crores of free medicines donated to affiliate institutions in the past year
- Warehouse in Bhiwandi delivered 250 shipments to 55 affiliate partners across twenty states in India
- Respond to emergency medical needs Read more
- Leh-Ladakh floods; Haiti earthquake; Cyclone Aila in West Bengal; Kosi floods in Bihar
- Provide disaster preparedness capacity-building Read more
- Disaster Preparedness workshops in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Thane, Nagpur
- Operate medical camps in slums and tribal areas Read more
- Daily mobile medical clinic program in 12 community slums of Andheri East
- Rural medical camps in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
- Run health promotion programs Read more
- Oral hygiene and anti-tobacco project targeting all 1,393 Municipal schools in Mumbai
- Hepatitis Prevention and Health Worker Safety project at Jagjivan Ram Hospital
Back to Top